www.chnpress.com World Tourism Organization and Romanian specialists put up a Master Plan for the Romanian tourism, NewsIn said.
The agency adds that the document focuses on tourism exploitation of the main geographic regions in Romania and will be implemented through the next twenty years.
The document will be tabled to the Romanian government within a week and should be adopted in September.
Harsh Varma, director in the World Tourism Organization said when launching the Master Plan that the Government considered that the only way for tourism to develop is by through a Master Plan that would frame the main directions.
The main targets of such a development plan are:
• Weekend tourism, culture, leisure in Bucharest, the capital city
• Cultural tourism, nature, eco-tourism, skiing in Transylvania
• Beach, leisure at the Black Sea shore - seaside resorts
• Cultural tourism, eco-tourism, nature and skiing in Bucovina, North of Romania
• Cultural tourism, nature and ecotourism in Maramures, Northern part of Romania
• Nature, ecotourism and leisure tourism in the Danube Delta - UNESCO protected site
Lucia Moraiu, State Secretary for tourism in the Ministry argued that the sustaining funds for the proposed tourism strategy are 150 million euro initially planned for re-branding the country, promoting tourism and improving information regarding the country and its patrimony.
She declared that the document contains 10.000 pages and that the final draft will be submitted to the government.
The Master Plan outlines the main attractive markets such as those of Germany, Austria, Great Britain, France, UK, Italy and USA.